Spanish – American Bachillerato Dual (Dual Diploma) = Double major: Spanish and American.
75% of the subjects are recognised in the Spanish Bachillerato (A-Levels) and the student does only the 25% of the American Bachillerato, consisting of 6 credits (6 subjects throughout 4 years)
Courses are entirely on line. American native faculty is contacted through a virtual platform, the same way as if it were distance learning in a university.
Dual Programme benefits:
– Linguistic immersion. (All the programme is 100% in English)
– Technological immersion. (Command of Office IT, calendar and Google Apps for education domain)
– Maturity and responsibility at work. (Video conferences, mails, appointments, deadlines and adjusting schedules with the American teacher)
In the 2015/16 school year 7 students of 2nd and 3rd year have started it.
In the 2016/17 school year 1 student of 2nd year have started it.
Duration of 4 years (starting in the 2nd year of Secondary school). Thus in the 2nd year of Bachillerato students are focused on preparing Selectividad (university entrance exams). If it is started in the 3rd year of Secondary school, everything will be delayed for a year.
– 1st year (2nd year of Secondary school): 1 subject.
– 2nd year (3rd year of Secondary school): 2 subjects.
– 3rd year (4th year of Secondary school): 2 subjects.
– 4th year (1st year of Bachillerato): 1 subject.
For their admission, they take a language test in September, which is a minimum level of B1 with a fluid expression in English.
The Spanish – American Dual Diploma is mainly carried out in out-of-school hours (at school they will have support and mentored time 1 or 2 times a week).
The School finances the 40% of the Programme for the 4 school years: at the end the student will pay 100€ per month (from September to June).
The enrolment costs 350€, including the Technological Fees. This amount will be invoiced in August.
It consists of 2 semesters, starting in September.